The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

No "Normal", Yet

I'm back from vacation. It is very odd to have nothing to come back to- no school, no work, no studying, no assignments. I suppose in one way that should be exciting. I can now make my life into whatever I choose. Of course, more often, it feels daunting, because so much is not decided.

But, little by little, it will happen. I am joining the Bible study that I was a part of for 7 years when it starts up again next month. I'm going back to my church and am going to find some service or volunteer work to get involved with there. I feel like without that, my focus has been shifted away from what it should have been this last year. But this is a welcome readjustment.

I still need to find a job. I have several people I will be contacting to see what I can do. Not knowing if I passed the bar or not puts me in a weird position because I'm not sure who would want to hire me for 3 months. At the end of November, I will either have to quit to study again (if I failed) or want an attorney position (if I passed), which an employer may not have open or want to offer to me.

Of course, I'm also realizing it isn't the end of the world if I just have this time to regain the part of myself that I lost during law school.

Labels: