The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

One More Thing for the Courts to Do

This court in Italy decided that the name "Friday" was not a proper name for a child, as it could prevent him from forming "serene interpersonal relationships". They changed his name legally to Gregory, as he was born on that saint's feast day.

I guess the courts here in the US better get busy! Think of all the freaks we have here who aren't possibly going to be able to have any of those serene interpersonal relationships: Apple, Suri, Kal-el, Tallulah, and let's not forget Moxie Crimefighter! It's not like I'm busy every second I'm at work. I volunteer to help the court think up new names for them all!

Labels: