The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Two and a Half More Weeks!

My daughter is coming home in 2.5 weeks and I can't wait to see her! I know I haven't really posted about her since the semester started. Being busy has helped in keeping my missing her from getting out of hand. But it was extremely hard to have her diagnosed with cancer (3 hours before the Moot Court competition!) this summer, care for her after surgery and during treatment, and then ship her off back to MIT. As a mom, I can't help but want to just be where she is to make sure she is alright.

Yes, she is doing fine, and luckily, I guess, quite independent. But still, I'm just so excited to have her home for a couple weeks. It makes me realize that first and foremost, no matter what else, I'll always be a mom. It's really the best job there is.

Labels: