The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Appellate Brief- DONE

I finished up my final paper for AR&W this morning. I need to go get the right color paper to use for the cover, and then have it bound, but I want to wait a couple days just in case I decide to make any edits. The paper cannot be longer than 20 pages, and mine comes in at 19, so I'm happy with that. It really didn't seem very hard, and as silly as it sounds, felt like it wrote itself. It just seemed so obvious to me, and that I was just writing down what was waiting to be said. It feels good to have this basically out of the way.

I know I have to now get serious about studying for midterms. I am taking off 4 days from work (December 3, 5, 7, and 10), as my exam schedule is:

Remedies December 3, 1:30pm
Evidence December 5, 1:30pm
Wills & Trusts Dec. 7, 6:30pm
Comm. Prop. Dec. 11, 1:30pm

It's nice that 3 of the 4 will be during the afternoon. As a first year, all my exams were in the evening, which was highly annoying for me when I made a conscious choice in taking all afternoon classes. Even last year, I believe all my exams were at night. I'm so much more awake, alert, clear-thinking during the day than after dinner hours, so maybe my scores will even improve some!

Anyway, it's a relief to feel like this semester is winding up. I also think next semester will be somewhat easier, with 4 classes instead of 5, knowing what is going on at work now, and not having our house on the market. I've made it through this summer and this semester, so I know I can handle stress, it's just that I'd rather cut back on it for a bit.

Labels: