The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Greetings from Half Moon Bay

Well, not exactly. I'm home now, unfortunately. Had a wonderful weekend though. We had a beautiful one bedroom suite, complete with fireplace and ocean view. This is the view from our room. Believe me, I did not want to leave. I have to give a big recommendation for the Ritz Carlton. The resort and its spa are fabulous! It is such a treat to have a place this nice only 3 hours away. World class shopping and dining is nearby as well, so makes for a perfect getaway. We have been there several times in the past, but haven't been for a couple years. I will make the next trip much sooner!

It makes me realize how much I miss being a normal person- one that has free time every weekend and can read, sleep, travel or do WHATEVER instead of all the mundane reading, writing and studying that comprises the life of a law school student. I'm so ready to be done with this. I'm tired and want to be normal again, and feel like time is actually my own.

Labels: