The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

One Bit of Good News

I did find out yesterday that in the spring, a 3 unit elective, a Bar Prep course will be offered. Apparently it will be on Tuesday nights. I had been planning on taking Civil Trial Practice, on Wednesday nights. Since the only night I'll have a class in the spring (without my last 3 unit elective) is Thursday (W&T), I am free to pick which class to take (a rare occurrence at my school because the schedule is so limited that you usually have to just take whatever is offered at the time that fits).

I have no interest in civil litigation, but thought I'd take that elective as first, it is one of the few 3 unit ones being offered, and secondly, figured trial practice is trial practice, so that would be good. However, the thought of getting a jump on my bar preparation while getting credit for it appeals to me. (Not in the same realm as say sleeping for the next week appeals to me, but just being realistic.)

Practically speaking, it would also be nicer to have an evening class on Tuesday, instead of Wednesday, because I despise evening classes altogether, but 2 nights in a row is UGH. This would make my school schedule for spring: Tues. afternoon (Remedies) and evening (Bar Prep), Wednesday afternoon (Evidence), and Thursday evening (W&T). Doesn't seem too bad.

Labels: