The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Hardest Thing About Work

is that there are so many things I can't just do by myself! I truly hate that. Because it means I have to call or email an agent or some other person and wait for them to get back to me before I can do anything. And half the time, they don't really answer my question and I need to wait more! I just like to get things done, so it is so frustrating to have notes sitting around for all these cases I am waiting on for something or other.

Other than that, I do love my internship. I certainly feel a lot more comfortable there now and have made several court appearances by myself and have no apprehension about doing so. I kind of feel like the judges know I'm half clueless, so they don't really expect much from me. The more I'm in front of them, the more I can tell how they operate and what they expect though, so hopefully the cluelessness will diminish over time.

Labels: