The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mexican Food

We are fortunate in California that there are no shortage of good Mexican restaurants. I believe that is one of the things my daughter misses most about living in Boston. I have a few favorites. In the bay area, Fiesta del Mar is a must! I did manage to get in there this weekend, and highly recommend their great-grandmother's recipe. Soooo good!

Locally, it depends on what you want to eat. My favorite for tacos is El Toro Tambien, but for mole, it is Cuca's on Olive down in the Tower District. If you go to Cuca's, you must order a side of the homemade corn tortillas. If you also order the Enchiladas de mole, you will be one happy camper. My only complaints are first, that it is not close to my house, and secondly, that they don't serve margaritas.

It seems like the best Mexican restaurants are in odd locations, and kind of dive-ish. But when the food is good, I don't mind. I'm craving some Cuca's......

(I'm so bored in Remedies......thinking about dinner is the only thing keeping me awake.)

Labels: