The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ex-Husbands Still Suck!

Yes, it is still true. I can't believe I was once young and naive enough to believe anything this man told me.

It's bad enough that he won't contribute a single cent to his daughter's $200K education at MIT. But now, he expects to see her when I pay to fly her home for Thanksgiving! Uh, sorry, YOUR time was last month when you went to visit her. I don't fricking care if you want to see her now. Heck, I wanted to see her last month, and I didn't get to. You don't always get what you want.

Sad thing is my daughter has told me repeatedly that her dad doesn't really know her. She hasn't wanted to go over to his house for a long time, but she kept going until she left for school because she didn't have the heart to tell him. This man is the one who despite the fact that my daughter got into MIT (her dream school), and despite the fact that he had no intention of helping at all, said she should go to UCLA instead. He honestly has no clue about her and her goals.

I guess he still thinks saying the right things is enough. I have news for him. It is doing the things that matter......like actually supporting your children by your actions!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home