The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Eight Dozen Cookies

That's what I've spent the afternoon baking for tomorrow's Bus. Org. class. For the review session, students "traditionally" bring food. I'm really not a cook. I much prefer to bake. After going back and forth about what I wanted to make, I decided to make 2 batches of cookies- ginger, and chocolate chip. I used to make these all the time when my kids were pre-schoolers. But really, since they started school, I got out of that mode and haven't baked much at all.

Since I'm still in the process of losing weight, I haven't (and won't) try a single one. I did get my son to test them for me, and he did give them his ok. I hope I'm not the only one who took HOURS out of her schedule to bake REAL homemade stuff, instead of buying something at the store (which our professor specifically asked us NOT to do).

Tonight I get to run over to school while my son is volunteering at church to do some cite checks for law review. Two more comments have their binders ready to go. I'm not sure I will have time to get both done (only have 2 hours, and that includes my time driving across town both ways), but I want to do as much as I can so I have more time to study for the Bus. Org. midterm next week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home