The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, November 03, 2006

A Hard Week

It's been a hard week. I miss my daughter so much, and even though I know she will be here for a visit in 3 weeks, I'm just sad without her here now. Honestly, I just feel so lonely. I can go to school and sit through 6 hours of classes, and if I wasn't there, no one would even care. Heck, I can go and not even say a word to anyone, and it wouldn't matter. I'm kinda feeling a lot that I'm just going through the motions. Right now, I don't even know why I'm going to school. I'm not liking it right now, and it doesn't seem to serve any purpose. And who am I fooling? How is this really going to help anyone?

Maybe everything seems bleak because I'm down. Nothing seems to make sense to me right now. All I know is that if I wasn't in school, I could visit my daughter, like everyone else has been doing. But no, I have to stay here, studying stuff I don't care about. I do not feel inspired or motivated. And I'm just tired. It seems like I'm never caught up with anything, and my consolation is supposed to be that I'm almost halfway through? That seems more like a crushing weight than a consolation.

So here I am, hating everything I have to do right now. And I get to go through all of it acting like I'm ok, because if I showed how I really felt about things, I'd just be sitting there crying, and that isn't very socially acceptable. :(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home