The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Law Review Topic

I've been doing some preliminary research to figure out exactly the scope of my law review article. It turns out that some legislation that recently passed makes what I was going to discuss pretty much a non-issue. In addition, a student from my school wrote an article on a very similar subject last year, so it's not like I can just take a different slant on the issue, because her comment covered the main legal issue there.

Luckily I had a second idea and it seems to be a lot more wide open. So open, in fact, that I'm going to have to probably research some to find out how, or if, I need to limit it some.

I'm glad that as far as law review goes, I'm on my own schedule. Last week, I needed the time to prepare for my interview, so I didn't have to stress that I didn't spend any time on law review. My goal is to have my final draft done by May 1, though ideally I would like it done by April 1.

For now, I just have a lot of research ahead of me so I can get a handle on the topic and make an outline of my comment. Sounds like fun, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home