The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

2 Units of Clinicals- DONE!

My shift today wrapped up my second unit of clinical hours at Small Claims. It was a pretty uneventful few hours. I did have to take home my plant and 2 framed photos that I had brought in to liven up the place. (I was only trying to make it bearable, not making a donation to the county!) I really enjoyed working there, both in helping the clients and working with my fellow advisors. Just a great experience.

Now to move on to my next resume building activity- law review. Yes, I thought I had written it off (ha ha) as something that wouldn't really work with my 3 year plan, but I was persuaded otherwise. I have an excellent idea for a topic, so hopefully that will work. I need to meet with my mentor and discuss it with her. My plan is to devote the 2 mornings a week I used to be at Small Claims to writing my comment. Of course, in reality, I'm sure I'll end up using weekends and much of my other time as well. I'm anxious to get my topic approved and get moving on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home