The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Resumes, Road Construction and Cats

Since last night I have gone through about 6 revisions of my resume. I'm not sure how good it is, but I have a nice full page of info about me. I'm going to get some feedback on it tomorrow, so that will give me some direction on what I need to change or add. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

I've got about 60 more pages to read for Property to finish this book on future interests. I'm not sure if I'm going to get that done tonight or not. I may have to finish it tomorrow morning.

Since I've mentioned the lack of work on the torn up streets around my neighborhood, I thought I'd post a current photo:
Normally a scene like this would frustrate me to no end. As you can see, the south bound lanes are completely closed. This does cause me to have to take a detour, and is not exactly convenient, but I am THRILLED! This intersection was supposed to be completed last November, and it has been sitting in this ripped up state since way before then. I'm just so happy that someone is actually working on it, with full crews for full days, that I don't even mind having to go around. I just hope they get it done before it rains so we don't have to wait until spring for the final finishes.

As long as I was taking pictures today, I had to take some of my cats, so I thought I would include a couple of them here as well.
They normally don't want much to do with each other, at least the older (dark) one doesn't want to with the younger (white). The younger one is pretty much aloof to everything and everyone so she really doesn't care what happens as long as someone will give her fresh food every 2 hours. (That is a story for another day.) But today they were looking particularly sweet as they took a nap together! At least until my photography woke them up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home