The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I feel like I got my butt kicked...

...but in a good way. Ok, that sounds weird. But, here's what happened. I went in and talked to my professor. I came away realizing how low I was thinking, and now I have an entirely different outlook and plan for the next 2 years.

At first, I was kind of unnerved, because, I admit to being stubborn and not one to easily want to change my plans or ideas. But, this professor has a way of saying things that are both encouraging and challenging at the same time. And it made me realize, I need to get as many selling points as I can to be able to market myself effectively.

What does all this mean? First, that I'm going to stop working at Small Claims after I finish my second unit there in 3 weeks. I really love it there, but as this professor told me, being comfortable isn't always a good thing. I've probably learned all I'm going to learn there. That time would be better spent doing other things. The "other things" category has a number of possibilities, which I hate to disclose until I'm more sure of which direction I will be taking.

Other than that (the having my whole focus changed thing), I need to get some reading done this weekend. I've finished about half of the Property book on future interests and would like to finish it over the weekend if I can. I also need to read Biz Org. for next week. I'm going to try to get a lot of that tonight, because I'm going to a gun show tomorrow and want to have fun without doing any work for a while. Oh yeah, and I need to work on my resume! Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home