The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Something to look forward to!

We booked a trip to Las Vegas for our anniversary in November. Last year we went to Maui for 5 days over the Thanksgiving break for our anniversary. This year, we need to go the week before our anniversary (because of a lame Biz Org. midterm on the Friday night of our anniversary weekend). We're going to stay at the Wynn and go see a show while there. Of course, it goes without saying that plenty of shopping will also be part of the weekend. : )

We're also contemplating a trip to the east coast (NY, Boston, etc.) in May once finals are over. That one isn't booked yet, but we still have time. We would end up there as my daughter finishes her finals, so she could maybe join us for a day or two before we all come home.

Another fun thing....I think I'm going to get a new car. I have 2 cars now, an SUV and a 2 seat hardtop convertible. For the last 2 years, my daughter has driven the SUV. Now that she is gone, I have both cars back again. I spent all last week driving the SUV, remembering how much I like that vehicle. But it is 7 years old now, and has over 85,000 on it. My little one is a lot newer, but I'm probably going to sell both and get the new model of the SUV, which I test drove and loved this weekend. I'm not sure when this will happen, as I need to sell both vehicles first, and I want to have it ordered so it comes with exactly the options I want (and nothing more or less).

I'm still missing my daughter (but getting more used to having her away), but at least I feel like I have something to be excited about now. Yeah! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home