The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Officially a 2L

I'm sitting in the second class of my second year of law school, though I think was "official" last week when I noticed at registration that my mailbox at school was now moved and in the second year area.

My early observations: I really like my Property professor. Even though she is the assistant dean of the school, I am not intimidated by her like I was last year by the dean, my Torts professor. (Not that she was scary or really did anything to cause it. I just was.) Property will be a good class and I'm looking forward to it.

I don't see me liking Con Law, though I am glad I have the professor I do. I just don't like political discussions, and this class will have to have them. At least my professor is pretty laid back, so another non-threatening professor --- thank goodness.

I'm going to have a hard time in the 3 night classes I have. I'm already tired as I sit here, and find it very hard to pay attention and stay focused. Of course, the subject matter here may also be the cause of that.

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm no longer a "wart" (my property professor's term of endearment for all first years). I actually feel like a real law student now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home