The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Should I post this month?

Yeah, I guess I should. Just out of the whole school routine (and loving it) and not really having much to post here. I did see that a few of the first assignments have been posted now. I don't have all my books yet. I'm waiting for 2 more from Barnes and Noble and 3 more to come into the local store (which probably won't happen until after school starts, since they aren't being shipping until Aug. 11). I'm going over to Cambria next week for 5 days, so I think perhaps I'll bring whatever assignment and book combinations I have by that time and see how much I can get started on.

It seems weird to have a summer and not go on a real vacation. Last summer we went to Cabo, the summer before to Europe. Of course, we seem to do a lot of other little traveling in between too. (During last school year, we made it to Maui, SF, Vegas, Boston, and LA.) Because of my shifts at Small Claims, and my daughter working every morning, we weren't really able to get away, other than some short trips. Two weeks ago, we went to Pacific Grove. Last weekend I took the kids to LA. This weekend I'm taking my daughter to the SF bay area for an MIT northern CA get together. Next week we're going to Cambria. And then 3 weeks from today we leave for Boston, to take my daughter to school. That will be it for awhile.

I hate to think about my daughter leaving. It seems like it has gone so quickly. And not just since she found out MIT accepted her. I mean, wasn't she just the little toddler I liked to watch Bambi over and over? Didn't she just fall off her bike and scrape her whole knee up? How could she have possibly grown up so fast and now be leaving??? Unbelievable.

Anyway, I don't feel like sitting at the computer any more, so that is it for now. Have a great weekend all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home