The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Barely Surviving in this HEAT

This isn't even funny. It has been 113 for the last 2 days, and if we're "lucky", it may cool down to a chilly 99 on Saturday. Our power went out last night at 6:30pm. By 8:30pm, we doubted it was coming back on and left to sleep over at my parent's house (where my brother and his family slept Sunday night because their power was out). Yes, musical houses is a fun game.....everyone pile in the house that has power and air.

Over the weekend, hubby and I escaped to Pacific Grove. The locals were complaining about their own heat wave. It was low 70s and sunny, not 60s and foggy. We didn't mind it. While there, we had a fabulous dinner at Passionfish. We both had the Kauai shrimp, and it was so outstanding that I can't even remember when I've had a dinner that incredible. I highly recommend it! You can make reservations or check out their menu online.

We had lunch in Carmel and did a bit of shopping before coming home on Sunday. I had a fun time in Fourtane Jewelers. They always have wonderful goodies in there- lots of vintage and large pieces that you just don't find in Fresno. Plus, the sales staff are very friendly and almost push you to try stuff on! Well, I don't need a lot of encouragement when it comes to jewelry. I tried on quite a few things, my favorite being a 10 carat cushion cut diamond ring. Unfortunately, even though it fit me and looked perfect on my hand, it was either that, or pay for 4 years of schooling for my daughter at MIT.

Of course, once you try on a $200K ring, a little bauble from Tiffany seems like nothing, so I managed to snag this darling little charm along with the 24 inch chain to go with it. (Thanks to hubby for keeping me properly spoiled!)

Anyway, I'm back at home (for a few days at least) . Let's hope the power stays on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home