The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer School Finals

I have the first of my two summer school finals tonight. Both are open note and open book. I've never had that kind of test before, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect or how I should be studying. I've organized my notes for both classes, and have the handouts indexed. I'm going to spend today reviewing all the material for both classes, but the kind of questions I think we will be asked are not things you can really study for. It's not like I'm going to have to rattle of lists of the 5 elements of this or the 4 types of that. Anything like that I can just look up. But neither Family Law or Children and the Law has much of that.

I'm just going to be so happy to be done with these classes. Not that I haven't enjoyed them, but I really need a break. I want 6 weeks not to have to even think about law school. I will be continuing my 2 shifts a week in the Small Claims Advisors Office, but I love that and it doesn't require any sort of preparation.

My plans for the rest of my summer? Other than hopefully sleeping in 5 days a week, I'm taking the kids to Universal Studios at the end of the month for my son's 16th birthday, and over to the coast for about 5 days next month. I also have a bunch of stuff I want to get listed and sold on ebay while I have the time. I have a lot of books I'd like to read as well. In other words, I get to have a month and a half of being a normal person! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home