The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm Just Tired....

Maybe it's the heat (my car said it was 108 on the way home from class today) or maybe I'm just ready to be done with classes for awhile. But I'm tired. I really want to just do nothing. Doing the law review thing is seeming less and less appealing. I have not thought of a topic that is narrow enough, and certainly none that I'm excited about. And I keep thinking about other stuff. Like how once I finish summer school, my daughter will be here for 6 weeks until she moves across country to go to school. Do I really want to spend the last of her time here being so busy doing my research for my article? NO. I don't. I want to make the last of her time here special, and be available to her.

I also think about how starting in August I will be having 5 classes each semester, one more than last year, and in addition, I will be continuing to work at Small Claims, hopefully 2 shifts a week. I'm not sure I want the added stress of having to write a 25-35 page article during my first semester with that heavy of a load.

And, I think about how I really just want a break before heading into this next school year. I would like to go into it feeling relaxed and ready to take it on, not tired and frustrated from the start.

I guess you can tell I'm leaning against it right now. Maybe it would be different if I had a stellar idea for an article, or if it were 30 degrees cooler. I don't know. I'm not deciding for sure right now, as I don't have to turn in my topic until July 17. But I feel like I need, and have earned, some time off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home