The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I feel like such a slacker

I mean, I've gone from posting nearly every day to only a few posts a week. Part of it is that my schedule during the 5 weeks of summer school is just very busy, and part of it is not much is new.

In my Children and the Law class, we need to write a 4-5 page paper on a Law Review article that interested us. I have done a number of search-and-scans on Lexis for different topics I'm thinking about, but haven't picked "the" one yet. The professor is really laid back about this assignment. I asked him it was to be single or double spaced, and he said he didn't care! He said if you only come up with 3 pages, double space it, but it you need more room, single space it. It doesn't even have to be on an entire article (if very long), but only on the portions we're wanting to discuss. We can also either include our opinions or not.

My Family Law class that meets at night is interesting. The professor tells us real world things, so it seems more practical than some of the other classes. Having an evening class isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think it helps that it is light when I walk in there. I think it would be harder to go to an evening class in the winter, walking in when it is dark, because it already seems so much later.

One thing about summer school is since the classes are only 5 weeks long, there is a LOT of reading crammed into every class. Reading 100 to 200 pages per class, per day is not out of the ordinary. At least I'm not having to brief cases for that as well.

Tomorrow I will be working at Small Claims again, with my favorite co-advisor. He is such a nice guy and makes me feel much more confident about handling clients. I am really liking working there. I hope I'm able to stay on the 2 shift a week schedule once school starts.

That's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home