The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ah, a free weekend

Well, not really, but I don't have to do much. My daughter's best friend is having her graduation party tonight, and I'm going to that, and I am going to try to finish all the reading for this week's classes. I felt kind of out of it this week, since I was doing the reading the day before each class. I do not like working that way. I prefer to have the entire week's worth of reading done by the Sunday night before the week starts, and then during the week, begin work on the following week's stuff.

So, already finished the reading for Monday and Wednesday's classes. Today I need to read for Tuesday and Thursday's classes. My 2 classes are so different from the ones I had last year. I do not have to brief cases for either class. Family Law is very code based, so we have to read tons of code sections. Children and the Law is a policy class, so it is more about the development of the law and why it is that way.

Anyway, while it annoys me to no end that on a day I could actually sleep in I woke up at 6:15am, at least it gives me an earlier start on the reading. Since I have a couple hundred pages to go, I guess that is a good thing. What has law school turned me into that I think reading a few hundred pages amounts to a "free weekend"???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home