The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Caught another grading mistake!

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you may recall that I caught a grading error on one of my December midterms. The score had been added incorrectly, giving me 10 points less than I had earned. Apparently while this correction was made in the office, it was not made on the master grading list, so if I have calculated correctly, this will add a couple of points to my score in that class and slightly bump up my GPA. There is another class that I had a question about the grade total for, and I am waiting for a response from the professor. Not sure that one will result in any more points, but it is worth a shot. I know, it's not like I need the points, but I am extremely competitive, and I will make sure that I get every single point that I have coming to me.

Tonight my first class of Family Law meets. I'm not looking forward to going to an evening class, but I guess I'll deal with it for the 9 times it will meet. I have no idea how many people will be in this class, or who (other than 1 person) will be in it. Looking forward to the class itself though.

While at school this morning to copy my finals, I also signed up to work as a timer for the moot court competition next month. Since I will be doing moot court myself next summer, I'd like the preview so I know more about what to expect then.

Oh yes, and by this post you know that I survived my daughter's graduation party on Saturday. It ended up being really nice, but it was SO much work, even though I had tons of help. I certainly did not inherit the hospitality gene from my mom, but thank goodness she has it and likes to help me! We ended up having 36 guests for dinner, and probably had food for 70! Everyone who helped was sent home with days worth of food. All the food turned out really nice, and while the weather was on the warm side, everyone loved the view and the rides on the boats. Thank goodness I have 2 years before I have to have another party (when son graduates)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home