The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yeah, I passed and improved!

Today has been a crazy day. I had to work this morning (at Small Claims), then come home and take my daughter to graduation (she had to be there early) and save seats for 12 people by myself (while getting nasty stares and comments- but what do I care? I didn't wait an hour in the sun to let someone else take them!) Since she was one of the only 12 summa cum laude graduates in a class of over 600 students, she was introduced when she entered, along with mentioning that she will be attending MIT and majoring in Math and Physics. :) (Yes, that is the stuff proud moms live for!) Then she and her 11 "summas" got to sit on the stage for the entire ceremony.

Afterward, we took her and some of my family out for dinner. We didn't get home until nearly 9pm, and I just now got home from taking her to the all night grad party. (Thank goodness my mom volunteered to pick her up at 4am!)

I knew ahead of time that grades were to be posted at 5pm today. When I got home after working, I checked the website and it had a notice that it was being updated. Hmmmm.....slight hope that I would find out my grades before graduation. I checked again about a half hour later, and grades were there!

I passed easily. I'm not really surprised by that. I improved my grades over my December midterm grades in 3 of my 4 classes, improved my overall GPA, and raised my lowest score (CivPro) out of the 60s. I had been ranked 6th in the class as of December, however, doubt I maintained that ranking. I don't know my current ranking and probably won't find that out until next week.

This morning I worked with one of the graduating law school students. His comment was that grades generally go down from your midterm scores. I certainly felt like all my grades would go down, so I was surprised when they were up. But, I'm sure everyone else probably improved MORE than I did, so my ranking probably dropped. At this point, who cares? I passed and have a great GPA. And while I'm happy and proud of that, I'm more proud of my daughter, her accomplishments, and all I know she is yet to achieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home