The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Started my Clinical Units

I had a training session this morning for working in the Small Claims Advisory, and those hours counted toward my clinical hours. I need 72 hours for each 1 unit of credit, and a total of 4 clinical units, though they can't all be done in the same place. My second training will be Tuesday afternoon, and then I will start on Thursday. Because I have the time and they have the openings, I'm going to do 2 shifts a week, for 8 hours total a week. This is nice, because it will give me 72 hours, or one unit of credit, by the end of July. If I stick with the 2 shifts even after school starts, I will have the second unit done by the end of Sept., and the third by the end of the semester. I'm not sure if I will be able to continue the second shift, but even if I only do the one a week, I'll still get in my second unit of credit before December midterms.

The 3 year plan, which I am planning on doing, calls for 2 units of clinicals each summer. However, if I do this, I can get in 3 units before next summer starts and just look for a place to get the last 1 unit/72 hours in next summer.

This is going to mean a pretty crazy June, as I will be taking classes Monday and Wednesday nights, working Small Claims Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and then going to class those afternoons. But it will help me knock off a bunch of units pretty quickly, which should help the stress level for the second year some.

While at school, I noticed that some grades were posted on the board, however, no first year classes. And, while there were a list of grades, there were no PIN numbers next to them, so I'm not sure why they were even posted. I guess you could see if everyone passed, so you could at least know that, but seems kind of silly to me. Also, I had heard before that the grades would be online on May 31st, but found out they will be online after 5pm on the 30th. Of course, that is the exact time of my daughter's graduation, so it will probably be the last thing on my mind right then.

Anyway, I think the Small Claims service will be interesting. I'm dying to get involved and do SOMETHING, so this seems like a pretty low key way to do it. I'm looking forward to getting started with it and working my way through those hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home