The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Summer School

I registered for summer school today, for both Children and the Law and Family Law. Of course, I also "registered" for my Small Claims Advisory units, which I'm happy that I have 18 hours worked so far. In addition to registering, I was able to find out my class rank, verify my GPA which I had already calculated, and see the grade distribution for all my classes.

I was correct that my class ranking dropped, but I'm still in the top 10 of the class, so I suppose that is ok (but let's be honest- I wish it was higher!). I also got a letter informing me that I was eligible for Law Review, so that means I am also in the top 20% of the class. Of all my classes, I did best in Contracts, where only one student had a higher grade than I did. Considering how I felt after taking that final, I am quite surprised, but I did include an ode to Rose of Aberlone in one of my answers, so perhaps that gave me a bonus point or two! :)

Not much time to post more right now. I just got home from Costco, and now need to sample some dinner rolls, and then off to the grocery store. (All in preparation for my daughter's graduation party on Saturday.) The next 2 days will be a whirlwind of cooking and cleaning, so not sure if I will be posting more until next week. Thank goodness my classes don't start until Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home