The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Well, what do you know???

After my little appearance at the Law Forum for prospective students on Tuesday, I got myself invited to be part of the panel that speaks to the new first year students during orientation. I have to say, being invited personally by the assistant dean made me feel a little better. I mean, being asked 2+ months early (rather than about 6 hours early) just gives one a different feeling. Regardless though, I enjoyed representing the school and talking with the people who came to the forum, so I know I will enjoy this too.

This was my first full week of summer school, and I'm TIRED! Two nights of evening classes, and 2 days that have Small Claims work in the morning, and classes in the afternoon keep me so busy. I'm just glad I don't have to do any briefing for the classes I'm taking. I do have reading to do, but not an overwhelming amount. Thank goodness! I'm going to try to get all my reading done for the next week tomorrow, since I have a free day. I could use a weekend of relaxation!

I need to write a short (4-5 page) paper for my Children and the Law class. I've printed out some Law Review articles already, and I would also like to look through them and figure out if I would like to use any of them. (We have to summarize the main points of a Law Review article for our paper, and then condense to 1 page for a class presentation.) For Family Law, we need to brief one case to present to the class. Mine isn't due until the end of the month, so I don't need to worry about it now, though I do want to print it out and read it. Hopefully I didn't get stuck with a bear.

I'm tired, so this is goodnight for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home