The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Loving Small Claims

I survived my first big challenge at the Small Claims Advisory office today. I worked there alone, as the sole advisor for the entire shift. I didn't know I would be doing that ahead of time. The other advisor just called about 5 minutes after I got there and said he wasn't feeling good and not coming in. After my shift last Thursday, I decided I felt confident to do a solo shift, if needed, so I didn't feel startled or nervous by his call.

I had not really handled a walk in client totally on my own yet, so I was just hoping that any that showed up would have problems I would know how to deal with. I had 3 walk ins, and I had no problem helping any of them! They were all so thankful and appreciative for the help. It made me feel so good to be able to help them! This is what I love. I'm so glad I'm able to do this!

I always work the morning shift and we are often not very busy for the first hour or so. If we don't have any clients, we can read while we wait. I brought in my book for my Children and the Law class (which is so conveniently small that I can carry it in my purse....probably the only law school book I will ever be able to say that for!) and in my downtime I was able to read all 112 pages that I needed to read for next week's classes.

It was nice to feel like I had such a productive day. I helped clients, successfully, all on my own, and I finished all my reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home