The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Caught up, I guess

So this afternoon I finished all my reading for the coming week, which is where I always try to be before each week begins. Finally for the first time this semester I don't feel behind.

Since this is a long weekend, I'm going to use the next 2 days to get a jump on my reading for the following week (week of Sept. 11). My goal is to have all my Property and Con Law stuff for that week read by Monday night, which will leave me Tuesday to read Crim Law and Wed. to read Biz Org.

Thursday are my psycho days (Small Claims from 8am to noon, Biz Org. from 1:30-4:30pm, and Tax from 6:30-9:30pm---UGH!) where I get nothing done. If I can keep to that schedule, then I will have Friday free for an appointment and errands. (Unfortunately, life does go on, and as the resident "homemaker" I still have all the chores and duties that entails, which means several hours a week of that kind of stuff.)

I'm getting more used to my daughter being gone. Not that I like it. I'm just lonely without her. Even though we email, chat online, and talk on the phone, it's just not the same. It makes me sad because maybe, probably, it will never will be the same. And it's like no one else understands how I feel. Ever other parent/person thinks you should be happy to get rid of your kids, or that somehow, kicking them out of the nest is easy and natural. Well, it's not. Maybe if you're the type of parent who sent your kid off to day care and saw them only an hour or 2 a day it's not so hard. But when you see them ALL the time, and choose to be a stay at home mom because you wanted to be involved in ALL of your kids' lives, it IS hard. I choose this job because I wanted to, not because I didn't have other options. I just don't appreciate people thinking something is wrong with me because I actually miss having my daughter around. I feel sorry for people like that, because I think they missed out on the best part of having kids.

Whatever. I guess I'm just not in a good mood. All I see ahead of me is endless reading with no breaks. No travel, no trips, nothing fun to look forward to. Even when my daughter comes home at Christmas, it will only be for 2 weeks, and one of those I will already be back in classes. It's not like I can just jump on a plane and visit her for the weekend anytime. It takes basically a full travel day each way. : (

I really need something to look forward to, something to motivate me. Because right now, I feel like I am dragging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home