The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Linear Thinkers

A conversation with a fellow classmate today made me realize why I like the 2 classes and professors that I do. They are linear thinkers and teach in that fashion. That is how I work, so I mesh well and feel like I understand where they are going and what they are saying.

The other 3 professors do not appear to be linear thinkers. If they are, then they are not teaching that way. They are more all over the place. If I was a creative thinker, I would probably be fine with that, but to me, it is more frustrating than anything. I end up feeling like I'm not taking good notes in these classes, and that I don't have any idea of what is being taught. Ugh. My world would be so much easier if everyone thought the same way I do! : )~

I'm looking forward to a meeting with one of my professors tomorrow. I want to go over my plans for the next 2 years, and kind of make sure they think I'm on the right track with what I'm thinking of doing. I want honest feedback, but really, I suppose, I want to hear that I have good ideas. I am excited about my plans and don't want someone to derail them before I even get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home