The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My New Vehicle is Being Custom Made, For ME

I decided I did want to get the new SUV, and I wanted a very specific set of options on it. I do not like to pay for ones I don't want, so they are having the factory make it just how I want it. Hubby had them do the same thing for his last one. Mine is made here in the US, not in Germany, so it won't take quite as long, but it isn't supposed to be here until December. No problem. Gives me time to sell my 2 other vehicles.

When I was in the local dealership about a month ago (for a repair), I was chatting with a salesman, and told him that our last purchase was made at the dealer in Belmont, who sold to us for $100 under invoice. He said that we should buy from them here next time, implying that they would give us the same deal. At that time, I wasn't considering buying anything so soon.

We went in a couple weekends ago to test drive the SUV and make sure I really liked the new model. Of course, then, the salesman's story had changed. We were supposed to see the value of buying the vehicle here. Um, sorry. The vehicle here had been spilled in in the back seat. Even if it was cleaned up, I would know it had been there. And if anyone is going to foul my new car, it is going to be me. (Not that I would do that to MY car.) AND, I did not want to pay for $1500+ in options I didn't even want!

I think he thought, as a woman, I was going to fall in love with THAT vehicle and have to have it. Sorry, dude. That vehicle is just a commodity. And frankly, I want something clean and with the options I want, not just what happens to be sitting there. AND, I don't appreciate being led on that you were going to sell at invoice when you won't. You'd better learn that with the internet, better deals are everywhere, and if you're not going to be competitive, you are going to lose sales. You lost this one. Yes, I will have to make a 3 hour drive to pick up my vehicle in a few months, but it is going to be perfect, and just as I wanted it, and I'm only paying invoice for it. Guess you can sell your car to someone a bit lazier than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home