The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, September 18, 2006

On Campus Interviews

About a dozen local companies are coming to conduct interviews on campus next month. Some are only looking for graduates, or those who will be graduating, but most are looking for students to hire for summer jobs. I think I have picked 3 companies that I will submit my resume to. From there, they will decide whom they would like to interview, so you're not really guaranteed anything but it doesn't hurt to try.

I already have my writing sample and resume ready. Now to write the cover letters. I have until next Monday, so I don't think that will be a problem.

It would be nice to get a summer job lined up now. A full time job would make Moot Court and Professional Responsibility, both of which I will be taking in summer school, a little more hectic, but summer school goes quickly. We'll see. I'm not going to count on it, as I'm sure there will be plenty of talented competition for the few positions that will be open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home