The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Resume

I've gotten some good feedback on my resume, so after a few minor tweaks, it will be ready to go. Tomorrow I will work on my cover letters and put all my packets together. I'm not stressed about that and will easily meet the Monday deadline to turn all of that in to the office. While I would be happy to get the experience of going through an interview or two, after talking to the school's Director of Career Services (who reviewed my resume), I think I may have a decent chance of actually getting one of the summer jobs that will be available. Not counting on it yet, but it would be nice. (Finish up my clinical units, get great experience, AND make a few bucks.)

In my Business Organizations class, the professor calls on students, in alphabetical order, to brief the cases and/or answer questions in class. I knew I would either be called on later in class today, or early in class next week. I haven't been called on in there yet, and was nervous, because, well, that professor just makes me nervous. I had prepared by making sure I knew all the cases for today very well, and then what does he do? He pulls out a hypothetical and starts asking questions on that! Ugh. At least when he did call on me, it wasn't that bad, and I was able to come up with answers, even if not perfect. I feel like I can be a little less nervous in there for a couple weeks now.

Of course, I'm up to be "on call" for questioning on Monday in ConLaw, which I'm not looking forward to. Not that I'm intimidated by that professor, but I don't like the subject. I have absolutely NO interest, and unfortunately, when I have no interest, it is next to impossible for me to motivate myself in that area.

Right now I'm sitting in Tax class. While the professor seems like a genuinely nice guy, what frustrates me is that it seems like he could be more straightforward about the material and get us out of there in half the time every night. Thursdays are my long days (wake up at 5:45am, work Small Claims 8-12, Bus. Org. 1:30-4:30pm and Tax 6:30-9:30pm, get home at 10pm), and I am TIRED and not in the mood to listen to three hours of tax lecture, especially when it could be boiled down to one and a half. I'm particularly tired tonight, and seriously could fall asleep right now if in a horizontal position for more than a couple minutes. Because he let us out early last week, I'm assuming there is no chance of getting out early tonight.

Guess I ought to try to pay attention for a while.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home