The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

3 More Small Claim Shifts to Go

I love Small Claims so much and wanted to stay on, but once I had been persuaded that another course was better for me, and I decided to pursue that, I was ready to move on. Not that I don't love working there, because I do. But now that I have different plans, I'm ready to get on to them. Now, I have only 3 shifts left, so by the end of next week, I will have completed 2 full units there. I've really enjoyed it and those I have worked with, and feel like I have learned a lot and gotten a measure of confidence about working with clients.

In anticipation of hoping to find a summer job in the legal profession, I submitted my resume and writing sample to 4 of the companies that will be interviewing on campus next month. Honestly, I don't expect those to result in a job, but hoping to at least get some interviewing experience. I have other ideas for summer jobs in case these don't pan out to anything.

For now, it is a constant struggle just to keep up on all the reading. With 5 classes, it seems like I'm never caught up. At least I'm taking notes on my laptop this year, but I still have yet to really go over any of them and start to compose any outlines. I'm being forced to do that this weekend for Con Law, though, as we're having a practice test on Monday. We get a participation point for taking the test and then reviewing a classmate's exam and giving them one page of feedback. I have a feeling I will need every point I can get in there, so need to do this.

I've still got 48 pages to go for next week's Crim Law class (at least I'm still working one week ahead), so I better see how much I can get done before class tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home