The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Big Fresno Fair

It's tradition to visit the fair every year, at least in our household. Hubby, son and I went yesterday. It was perfect weather, and we went early enough that we missed the crowds for the first few hours. I controlled my urges to give in to a cinnamon roll, but I did eat a soft taco (just one!).

I always like looking at all the different displays. Every year, I tell myself that someday, I am going to learn how to quilt after seeing all the gorgeous ones in the home arts building. And I was impressed by some of the photographs and art by local high school students. Most of all, I think, I was impressed by the fairgrounds itself. It's hard for me to believe those grounds are the same ones I visited as a child. Now, there are pools/fountains scattered all over. The pavillon area is so nice too, and now in the area just south of the Paul Paul theatre, they have a huge child's play area. They started last year, but greatly expanded it this year, included a large pirate ship to play on. It is really nice, and like I said, didn't seem like the (crappy) fairgrounds I remember going to when I was little.

Anyway, here's my favorite cookies I saw. Aren't they just so cute and too perfect?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home