The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Almost done with my paper....

I finished a rough draft on it last night and spent several hours this morning revising it. It is currently 8.5 pages, which fits fine into the 7-10 page limit. I'm weak on one side's argument on one of the two issues though, so I still need to beef that up. I was hoping to have this done so I could turn it in today before class, but that isn't going to happen. I could have turned it in as is, but I know I can save losing points without TOO much effort in strenthening those arguments. So, I guess I will finish it up tonight and turn it in tomorrow. I normally don't like to wait until Fridays to turn in my papers, first, because I don't like waiting until the last minute, and second, because I hate to waste an hour of my time driving there and back to do so. But, I'm going to be in the area for an appointment in the morning anyway, so it won't be much out of my way.

I find that I much prefer doing the points and authorities style papers over the neutral memos. Sure, my grades on the P&A have been higher (95 and 99 vs. 80, 89, 91 and 95), but I just like the writing of them more. Maybe they are more interesting, or perhaps it is more fun to be an "advocate". Not sure exactly, but it makes me inclined to think my grade on this one (neutral memo) will probably be less than my last two, which were P&A. Maybe that's why I'm trying to put in some extra effort, where I'm normally content to just turn it in and not overwork it.

BTW, I am STILL not over my cold! It seems like the later in the day, the more congested I get, though I do sound pretty nasty when I first wake up. I hardly had any voice this morning! Anyway, I'm hoping I can get a lot of rest this weekend since there won't be any midterm or paper pressures.

And something I'm thankful for to close my post with....my husband who was very helpful to me yesterday so that I could concentrate on getting my paper done. I'm grateful that he seems to sense when I'm about to lose it and steps in to help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home