The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ugh! I Hate Practice Tests!

I've taken 3 practice tests today- 2 full length (60 questions) ones and the 25 question one that is at the end of the MPRE info booklet. I've gotten from 60-70% on them. It's SO frustrating because I feel like I know the rules but the questions are so twisted. There will be 2 answers basically saying "yes" and 2 saying "no", BUT, then each goes on to say something like, "UNLESS blah blah blah" or "BECAUSE blah blah blah". After a while, your mind gets so confused you can hardly figure out what the answer means, much less what the correct one is.

You need to get a 79 to pass, and at this rate, I don't have a lot of confidence that I will. I can take it again (as many times as I need to), and there is another time in November, though I'd have to travel to Sacramento, San Francisco, LA or San Diego to do so. Of course, if I fail both of those times, I would then need an 86 to pass, as they are changing the minimum scores required to pass as of January.

I have 3 more practice tests I can take and 2 full days with no obligations. I hope I start to figure this out....

Labels: