The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's Official!

Yes, I'm officially in my final year of law school now. The designation becomes official (according to me) once the school moves your student mailbox over into the next section, advancing you up a year. My new box is in the 4th Year/Graduating Students section. (My school offers 3, 4 and 5 year programs, unlike most law schools that offer the standard 3 year plan.)

It also appears that I have finished my internship at the DA's office. I went in this morning and tied up all loose ends and after an hour, had nothing to do. They had nothing for me to work on and were all going to court. I ended up coming home at lunch time and it doesn't look like I'm going in tomorrow, as it takes them time to think of a project for me to do, especially one I'll only be able to work on for a few hours. I've loved working there and hope I'll see everyone next year after graduating.

Anyway, I have an appointment with a federal agent later this afternoon. According to him, he has been "tasked with interviewing [me] for your background check" for the US Attorney's office. When the DA did this, the investigator talked to me on the phone for about 5 minutes. This interview is supposed to take 2 hours! I have no idea what he's going to ask me about. I filled out all the forms so long ago (May??), I can't even remember what I said on any of them. I turned in all my forms, did the drug test, the agent has quizzed my neighbors. I'm hoping they are almost done. I want to be able to start August 20 and not have to wait for approval or anything.

Looks like I have 2 weeks off until classes start.

Labels: