The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, July 30, 2007

If You're Making Calls From Jail....

the recording tells you as you are making that collect call that the calls are recorded and monitored. BELIEVE IT! I spent all afternoon listening to recordings of some of these calls, and verifying transcripts of them for an upcoming trial. Whatever you talk about in these calls, you might as well be calling the police and telling them directly. Seriously. I told you that defendants are stupid. They are. Giving away names and numbers and details. Guess that's why they are where they are!

So, this is my last week with the DA. I wish I had time to do more there, but I'm going to get a lot done this week there, as I'm working every day. Hopefully, even with the little time I've been there, I've made a good impression and will have paved a way for a job there next year about this time.

Next week I'll be studying for the MPRE all week, getting ready for the test on Friday. This next 3 weeks I need to be reading for my classes. I've already read the first assignment for Community Property (yeah, I had nothing better to do this weekend). The first assignment for Evidence is like 300 pages long, so that will take me awhile. The Wills and Trusts assignment just got posted today, but I haven't looked up how long it is yet. Remedies and Advanced Research and Writing haven't been posted yet.

But, back to my advice- if you're the defendant, don't be so STUPID! (Or maybe I should take that back. Make my future cases easier for me!)

Labels: ,