The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Ok, so THAT'S over...

and I don't need to think about the MPRE for 5 weeks, which is when we will get our scores. I honestly have NO idea if I did well enough to pass. I'm not too worried. If I didn't, I'll just go up to SF for the Nov. 3 test and maybe make a weekend out of it.

I'm giving myself the rest of the day off, but I do want to get a lot of my reading done over the weekend. I've got some medical stuff I will need to deal with next week, so better to not count on that time. I also really need to reread my trial book and class notes to make sure I remember everything because my trial is just over a month away now. How cool is that!

I can't even tell you how excited I am that I'm going to be working at the federal courthouse. The building is just two years old now and it is completely gorgeous! This photo doesn't do it justice at all. And the inside, well, they just really did a nice job on it. It is especially gratifying to see a building in downtown that doesn't look like it came out of the 60s! I know it will be quite hard to leave it next year and end up in the pathetic building that houses the Superior Court, but I'll deal with that later. I guess I should run. I still need to do all those mundane chores around here before I can enjoy some relaxation.

Labels: