The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I think Barbri HATES me!

I have been using Barbri's Professional Responsibility book to prepare for tomorrow's MPRE. In addition to both detailed and mini outlines, it contains 4 practice tests. I did all 4 and got scores of: 70%, 66%, 60% and 68%. So how is it possible when I took the sample test actually provided by NCBE tonight I got an 87%??? I have no idea, other than I hated the Barbri versions! Too many questions had more than one correct answer, and I often picked a correct one, but not the "best" one, according to Barbri. That really sucks. I'm hoping the real test is more like the last one I took tonight. Anyway, I have 60 more questions I'm saving to do in the morning before I head over to take the test at noon.

All the rest of the assignments for my classes have been posted, so this weekend I will continue working on that reading. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my Advanced Research and Writing class only meets 6 times and only has 5 graded assignments. I also got preliminary approval from my supervising attorney at the US Attorney's office to work the hours I requested. I know this fall will be extremely busy, but I'm excited and can't wait to get started!

Labels: