The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

How Many Do I Need To Answer Correctly to Pass the MPRE?

I had to post a quick comment because I just looked and saw a TON of hits today from people who found my blog using this type of question. The easy answer is NO ONE KNOWS! Only 50 of the 60 questions will count for your score. Normally, that would mean of those 50, you'd need to get 40 right for an 80% (no way to get a 79% exactly with 50 questions). However, as I explained in my post earlier today, the graders can decide to add or subtract from all test takers scores if as a whole the scores are better or worse than "normal". Add to that the fact that there are those 10 uncounted questions in there, and there is no definite answer.

My best guess is that if you have 50 of the 60 right, you'll be ok. Even if you got all the uncounted ones right, and missed 10 of the actual questions, you'd have an 80%, so chances are you'd be ok. It is highly unlikely that you would have gotten all 10 of the ones you missed in the uncounted group AND at the same time, have the test judged "too easy" and everyone's score docked by 2 or more points. Yeah, so that's my best advice- get at least 50 right!

Labels: