The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Overheard in Contracts Class

Professor: In a 2 party contract between A and B, which one is the obligor and which one is the obligee?
1L: B
Professor: Is which one?
1L: Yeah.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to miss that class the most. Always funny stuff going on in there. I can't believe I'm now done with all my classes. Just 9 hours of exams to get through and I'll be completely done. I found out that I will be able to do my clinical at the Small Claims Advisory, so that training will be soon after finals are over. I'm anxious to start doing that. For summer school, I'm debating if I want to take one or two classes. I'm definitely taking Children and the Law in the afternoons. But in looking at the class load I'll have to take next year, I'm coming to the conclusion that I'd rather than an additional class in summer school than have it piled on the already crazy schedule I'll be taking.

Because of the finals schedule for summer school, I'm assuming I could only take another class if it is on the opposite days as Children and the Law. A second class would have to be at night, which I dread. But I kind of figure I could handle it for the 8 nights it would be. Of my options, Family Law is the most appealing to me. I had thought about taking the 1 unit Family Law mediation, but that is the only 1 unit elective offered (that I see listed anyway). What good is one unit going to do me if I can't take another 1 unit somewhere to give me the 2 units I would need?

If I do take 2 electives in summer school, my schedule next year will be:

Constitutional Law (6 units)
Crim. Law and Pro. (6 units)
Real Property (6 units)
Bus. Org. (4 units- a year long class, but over early)
Taxation (3 units- one semester class)
Prof. Responsibility (2 units- one semester class)

I think that looks like plenty without having to squeeze another 2 units of electives in there somewhere. Plus, if I do that, and don't get in the full 144 hours for my 2 units of clinicals over the summer, it wouldn't be so bad to continue a few hours each week during the school year. I think I'm talking myself into it. How bad can it be? It's only 4 weeks. If I hate it and wish I didn't take it on, it will be over before I know it. Heck, this year is basically over, and look how fast all this "pain" flew by!

Ok, enough of this. I need to finish up my Contracts outline so I can be a crazy, studying fool. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home