The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

PINK As Defensive Strategy

I promise, this will be my last pink post (at least for awhile), but I thought I should squeeze it in here while I was doing the whole pink thing.

In my bathroom, hubby and I keep our towels on the towel bar across from the shower. When we moved in here, I told him that I would always keep my towel on the left, and his on the right. Since all our towels were the same color, it was only a matter of remembering which side was yours, and using that towel. Apparently this was not a good plan, as many times I would go to take a shower, and as I reached for my towel, I would noticed it was wet and recently used. Sure, I could just use hubby's towel, but I'm not that type of girl. It's mine or new. Not a horrible problem, I admit, but since I'm the one who does the laundry, and every new towel just adds to my chore, I'd rather not use a new one every single day. Finally I had the insight to buy a couple different colored towels. Not just different colored, but PINK! Will you believe that hubby has not used one of my pink towels even once??? Yes, a winning idea!

Another area of annoyance was the pillow stealing. We each have 2 king size pillows, so it's not like either of us lacks in the pillow department, yet way too often I was waking up with no pillows, or just one (usually my least favorite-- yes, I do have a favorite pillow). Eventually I transferred my pink theory to the bed and bought 2 pink pillowcases to distinguish my pillows. The amazing part is that it worked! I don't know how to explain it, but even in the dark, hubby wants nothing to do with the pink pillows.

Pink....not just pretty, but also very useful! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home