The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Speaking about PINK.........

I may as well come totally clean. I already bought myself something as a little present for completing my first year of law school. (Notice, I said "completing", not "passing". ) I need another Louis Vuitton handbag like I need a hole in my head, but I couldn't resist this one since, you guessed it, it is pink.
When I was in Las Vegas in February, I was talking to a saleslady in one of the LV stores there, and she told me that there were coming out with the pink denim pieces. I'm glad she did because otherwise I might have bought another blue denim one that time. I already have one in blue denim, so I was only too happy to wait for a pink one.

And as long as I'm coming clean, I will admit that this arrived last week (gosh I love being a VIP customer at eluxury!). It is in its hiding place in a certain closet for 2 more weeks until I finish my final exams. It can then make its public debut on May 9. :) Now, above, I mentioned that this was my personal reward for completing, rather than passing, my first year. It's not that I have any doubts I will pass. I don't. But, I won't find out that information until the end of May. And I seriously could think of no good reason that this gorgeous handbag should be sitting in a box in my closet for an additional 3 weeks. It's bad enough to think of it all lonely in there now!

Now that I'm sure everyone is rolling their eyes, I would just like to say that I DO not have a pink car, so at least you can be grateful for something......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home