The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I got my car back!

I actually have 2 cars, an SUV and a sportscar. Since dear daughter turned 16 and got her license, she has been driving the SUV. Since we only have a 3 car garage (hubby has a sedan), it made more sense to let her do that than to buy another car. Anyway, the SUV was making a weird noise which we thought was related to the tires, which were due to be changed. After changing them last week, the noise persisted, so we took it in to be looked at and got a rental car. Since teens can't drive rental cars, I ended up with that (at least it was a C280, which I loved driving!), and daughter ended up with my sportscar. Thankfully she is a responsible and mature girl and I wasn't worried about her using my car to drive recklessly. It is just very different from the SUV and has horrible visibility, especially compared to the SUV.

I drove the rental for 6 days until they finally figured out what was wrong with the SUV, got the part, and fixed it. And now, I finally have my car back. Yeah! Because I spend about an hour a day in my car, I guess I'm kinda attached to it, and I'm glad to have it back today. Now if the weather would just get better so I could put the top down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home