The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Done and ready to turn in!

My #9 paper is sitting here, all pretty with its red cover, all ready to turn. I AM planning on doing a read through and possible revise in the morning. I did see my professor this morning in church, and made a point to go up and thank her for getting my graded #8 to me early. (I would have not have had as much direction for #9, if I had to do it blindly.) Poor thing, she's had the flu and still not caught up. Apparently she said she still has 9 papers left to grade!

My daughter has finally heard from all the colleges she applied to. She was accepted by UC San Diego, UCLA, UC Berkeley, and MIT, and rejected by Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and CalTech. Actually, because of the caliber of those 8 schools, a 50% acceptance is a great accomplishment. I was surprised that she didn't get accepted by Harvard and Stanford though, because I really thought they would take her. Not that she would have gone there. Of course, after the fact she admitted she didn't put nearly the effort into the others as she did on MIT's application. That was WHERE she wanted to go. Her heart wasn't in it for the other places. But it all worked out for the best. In fact, this makes it all the more clear where she belongs. If she had gotten into Stanford, a part of me would always kind of wish she was there, just to be closer. We had prayed too, that God would have her go where He wanted her. All of it points to MIT being THE place for her.

The next 2 weeks are going to be crazy. A quick trip to Boston, a Disneyland trip, Easter break, my daughter's birthday, my birthday.....all squished in there. At least I won't have any papers to do, though I will have to find some time to study. This last month of school is going to FLY by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home