The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Overheard in Contracts Class

A student coughed all the way through the first half of class. After the break, right before the professor starting speaking again, she ran from the room.
Contracts Prof: "Good riddance........just kidding."
She walks back in with a Coke.
Contracts Prof.: "Oh, this was for a coke?"
1L: "I have a cough."
Contracts Prof: "Oh? I hadn't noticed. (smirking)You ought to stop smoking."
Horrifed look by student....
Contracts Prof: "Oh, you DO smoke? Oh, I'm sure there's no connection."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contracts Prof: "I want to teach you a lot about the Magnuson-Moss Act. Here it is......we don't care!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contracts Prof: "They had annual sales of $40 million. That used to be a lot back in 1982. Now, that's a condo in L.A.."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contracts Prof: (in discussing English law cases in the book): "They always end up saying 'it seems to me.......' which means, 'I know the law but I ain't telling you!'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home