The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"Super.....as always!"

I was able to pick up my graded #8 Legal Analysis paper early since I need to turn in #9 early (because of my trip to MIT with my daughter next week). Honestly, I thought it was an 80s type paper. I wasn't thrilled with it. I thought my arguments for the prosecution were weak. Anyway, the comments from my professor read, "As expected, very little work needed to transform this into a great appellate brief! Super paper... as always!" Of course, it did get my lowest grade of the semester (90), but I guess I'll survive, even though it does drop my weighted grade in there to a 93. :) At least now I can get as low as an 80 on the final paper and still have a grade of 90 or better for the semester.

Now, I do have to disagree with one part of her comment, that being "very little work needed".....yeah right! All my cases were from the 50s and 60s, so while I know what the law is that needs to be discussed, I had to find all new cases and will have to do all new case development for them. I call that more than just "very little work".

I did spend the afternoon working on #9. I got some good work done on it, and will continue tomorrow morning, and then all day Friday. I'm hoping to have it finished then, and do a revision over the weekend. I'm going to try to turn it in on Tuesday. I'm so ready to have this done with so I can concentrate on other stuff.

Sooo thankful for professors who are free with their praise and encouragement! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home